Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Insane In The Membrane

I am officially insane. Or am I just resourceful?

Yesterday I began to pack my things in preparation for my first shipment of my life’s belongings to Memphis. Let me clarify, by shipment I am referring to my 10 hour drive on Friday morning taking my first load of things home. Anyways, it is quite bare in my tiny apartment now and made me a bit sad.

(looking nothing like this but this is nice huh)

As I mentioned last week, I have been trying to purge my closets, junk drawers, book shelves, ok, basically everything. I have piles of things to go to Goodwill, Consignment, and the trash. I sat on my sofa to upload some pictures of an IKEA shelf to Craig’s List when it hit me….why am I not selling ALL of this stuff?! After all, isn’t one man’s trash another man’s treasure?

So I poured myself a glass of wine and began. I added every book on my shelf to Amazon.com and made a metal note to do the same for the ones back home in Memphis. I walked to my closet and located every cocktail dress I haven’t worn more than once and/or haven’t slipped over my ever-growing hips in at least a year. I began to model them and take pictures to post to EBAY. How did it take me that long to realize that books can be resold and that someone out there is looking for a Milly dress that made an appearance at 1 wedding?!


 
After a few hours I closed my lap top and crossed my fingers partially hoping that things will sell and partially hoping that I do not sell everything I own. It can be a bit addicting when you think about what all could produce $$$.

Point in me telling you all this? Stop holding onto that dress that is two sizes too big. Let’s be real, if you haven’t slipped it on, you probably won’t because you will probably just buy something else. One word- EBAY.



No comments: