Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vegetarian Pasta

Last week I tried another recipe. 


Well not really a recipe but kind of a concoction. 



I started by cubing 1 eggplant, tossing with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasting for 15 minutes at 450 degrees. Every 5 minutes I re-tossed to make sure none stuck and/or burned.


Meanwhile I heated a large skillet with 2 cloves of garlic and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.


Then I added 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped bell pepper.


After about 10 minutes I turned down the heat and let it all simmer.


Why not add some broccoli florets with some halved cherry tomatoes and let all that sizzle down?


(Just a check on the eggplant)

 Per a recipe I saw, I added 1/4 cup of part skim ricotta cheese, finely chopped basil and some freshly shredded Parmesan. 


Oh yea, I was boiling spinach fettuccine...

When the noodles were ready I added them and all the vegetables together. 


A bit of pasta water and some mo' cheese.


Yum baby Yum.



1 comment:

Elizabeth | The Blush Magnolia said...

This looks great! I'll have to try it sometime! xoxo