Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Can you Couscous

Last week I tried out a new recipe thanks to Paula

Manfriend picked this out to go with our Scallops and asparagus. 



I changed a few things but basically this is what you need.

  • 1 box flavored couscous (garlic or Parmesan), cooked
  • 1 can chickpeas
  • red bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped (I HATE onion so I didn't use it)
  • 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 to 3 limes, juiced



I started by chopping the Parsley,  bell pepper, and tomatoes and adding them to a bowl. Then I juiced 2 lemons instead of limes and decided to add the zest of one. 


Then I rinsed the garbanzo beans and added them to the mix.


Meanwhile, prepare your couscous according to the package and BOOM, in 5 minutes it is done.


Dump it in, add the Feta and give it a toss.


I am telling y'all, this is such a great Summer dish. 



Light.
Fresh. 
Filling.
Healthy.



You should try it out.

Go forth and couscous.



No comments: