Last week I tried out a new recipe thanks to Paula.
Manfriend picked this out to go with our Scallops and asparagus.
I changed a few things but basically this is what you need.
- 1 box flavored couscous (garlic or Parmesan), cooked
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped (I HATE onion so I didn't use it)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 limes, juiced
I started by chopping the Parsley, bell pepper, and tomatoes and adding them to a bowl. Then I juiced 2 lemons instead of limes and decided to add the zest of one.
Then I rinsed the garbanzo beans and added them to the mix.
Meanwhile, prepare your couscous according to the package and BOOM, in 5 minutes it is done.
Dump it in, add the Feta and give it a toss.
I am telling y'all, this is such a great Summer dish.
You should try it out.
Go forth and couscous.