Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lip Service

“Ya look dead.”
That’s what my mother tells you when you have zero lipstick on. But I’ve never been a lipstick fan. In fact, my lips have been chapped the majority of my life.

“Nude gloss but that’s it. I look like a clown.”

Then something crazy strange happened about 3 months ago.



I woke up wanting to wear red lipstick…..
I headed to the Chanel counter and haven’t turned back.

Chanel Allure Laque in 75

And how could I not love it? Especially when all the other babes are doing it.







Why wouldn’t you want to look like these babies? Especially that last one. Lawd, I will forever live vicariously through everything about her and don't forget who she is a babymomma to.

Enough of that.
Believe me when I tell you I had to put up quite a fight to keep the lacquered lips because Manfriend was NOT a fan. But just like me and all my crazy glory, the look grew on him. Come to think of it. My dad wasn’t diggin' it at Easter either…but he grew up on a farm and he’s a dude so….

Moving right along….last week I decided to try hot pink. My friend Courtenay loves some Katy Perry and Dolly Parton pink and rocks the look. Might as well try…


I opted for the Revlon Just Bitten in Passion. It was kind of weird to put on but sister, once it was on it wasn’t going anywhere! I wore it to the wedding this past weekend and had so many compliments.

So now it's sage to say I have an obsession and wish I worked in a non-conservative environment (they just recently removed the panty hose requirement. Yea, that conservative) so I could rock the lips all day, every day.

But for now it will remain an "after 5" look.



No comments: