Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Talkin' about Chi Town

Five of my Tri Delta sistas and I recently reunited in Chicago for a girlfriend weekend.
We had the luxury of staying in a corner suite at the historic Drake Hotel right at the end of the Magnificent Mile.


In our four days and three nights we fit in as much shopping, EATING (paying particular attention to carbohydrates and desserts), late night partying, and sight seeing as humanly possible.

Before our trip, I had only been to Chicago once and it was in the unacceptably cold winter for a New Year's Eve concert. This time was much more pleasant.
We all live in the south and all got to escape the blistering heat and humidity. I'm telling you, it was P.A.R.A.D.I.S.E.

Each night we treated ourselves to a fabulous dinner and each night we somehow managed to get part of our meal for free......let's just say that we had a "Birthday girl" in the group.


Chocolate and cheesecake assortment


Chocolate Macadamia Nut Ice Cream pie from Gibson's

(Don't worry, I took advantage of the situation.....)



Then we hit the town, turning heads with our Southern twang and grace.





Some of our favorite adventures from the weekend had to be.......

the architectural booze cruise


Navy Pier


watching the children on the swing ride


being the children


seeing Wrigley Field



can't forget the Bean


or the view from the lady's room window in the Signature Room


Did I mention we watched Obama's motorcade from our hotel room?


All in all, I would say it was a pretty successful trip that left us all emotionally hung-over, a bit broke, and a tad dehydrated.

No comments: