Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Exciting News...

I won't bore you with excuses for where I have been the past 2 weeks but I will say my lack of posts have been for a good reason.

Between all my travels recently I was accepted into a Post Graduate International Business Program that involves me moving to London for 12 months.

That's right, London. 

You can imagine the emotional roller coaster I have been on and frankly just haven't had the thought to blog.

The next few months are going to be very exciting, bitter sweet, scary, busy, and will call for a good deal of adjustment on my end.

I have not decided if I will be continuing on with Cubicle Sanity or starting a new blog all together. 

I am so fortunate and proud and anxious. 
I have the amazing opportunity of moving to the city that I love and dream about for an entire year.

What do I take with me? How do I pack all my shoes? Will I need to defer my car insurance? How many things am I going to have to change my address on? When do I quit work? Should I ask for a first class ticket? When will I get to talk to my friends and family here? Will they come see me? Should I ask for a British Chi flat iron? Do they even make those? 

I have so much to do between now and March! As of now I will be moving home to Memphis in February to live and spend time with my parents and siblings before I depart in March.  I want to share every bit of my experience with y'all but I also want to take full advantage of my year and not miss out on anything or feel pressure to post something. Get me?

Anyways, I have been wanting to share this news and scream it from the rooftops and now that I have told my family and close friends, I can make it a bit more public. My work does not know yet so no calling my boss to rat me out!

Until next time, whenever that is, I will leave you with a few pics from my future city.






4 comments:

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

Congrats - so exciting! Spending a year abroad has been the greatest decision ever for me so far.

My Life as A Plate said...

OMG London! Congrats! That is my very favorite city!! I studied abroad there in college and fell in love! You will have an amazing time, let me know if you need any tips

Stacie Jean said...

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg. i DIE. i AM so BEYOND Jealous it is not even funny. TAKE ME WITH YOU. Let me visit. Ahhh sigh. I am so utterly happy for you. I love London with my whole heart. This is so so so exciting. How do I apply for this program? Is this something I could do as well!?!? Omg I am so happy for you!

Cat said...

SARAH!!! CAN WE MEET BEFORE YOU LEAVE! Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you!! :)