Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finally Finished

Remember when I told y'all that I was going to make a necklace display out of an old shutter?

Well, I found the shutter nearly two months ago 



And this weekend after lots of scrubbing, I finally completed it.


Good grief, that is a quality photo if I've ever seen one.
Anyways, that is it, now I just have to decide how to hang it on the wall.



I started by marking where I wanted the knobs to go with chalk. 
Then used almost the widest drill bit I could find.

Power tools have a way of making me feel in total control of my life.


I've been collecting these for two years now. 


But this one is hands down my absolute favorite.
DELTAS!


Originally I wanted to paint it white but decided that I liked the chipped, aged look. Besides, it's an antique.


I chose 10 of the 15-ish and believe me, it was H.A.R.D. to decide.


What do you think?! 


1 comment:

Caitlin C. said...

Oh my goodness, you're the cutest person ever. This is seriously amazing! It looks like something you could buy at Anthropologie... make me one please? :)