Monday, February 21, 2011

Recovering and a Recipe

I am no doubt recovering from a long wedding weekend right now. Therefore, I have scheduled this post of a yummy dinner I whipped up last week.

I was craving something pasta-ish and did NOT want to venture to the store. So, I decided to use what I had in the pantry and came up with this
My fork is not really that big btw.

I started with 4oz of organic spinach fettuccine. 
And just in case you are a point counter (WW), you are better off using 1 cup of cooked wheat pasta just FYI. This was 5 points for 2 oz....who would have thought.

Anyways, I brought water to a rolling boil and cooked according to package directions. I found that I had to cook a bit longer because these noodles were pretty thick.

I had some fresh yellow bell pepper and cherry tomatoes that I sliced. Then I used half a can of quartered artichoke hearts. 

While I poured myself a glass of wine,
I heated (warm/simmer setting) 1tbs of extra virgin olive oil, 1tsp red pepper flakes and about 2 cloves of minced garlic. I let it heat so the oil infused with the garlic and pepper.


Then I added bell pepper, tomato and artichokes and sauteed them until the peppers were soft and the tomato looked bursting with flavor (about 5-6 minutes).


Then I just dumped the noodles in and tossed it all about. 

So simple. So good. Pretty light.
Manfriend licked his bowl so I knew I did something right.
This just proves that you totally don't have to have some elaborate meal...just need 15 minutes and few basic ingredients.

Wedding pictures and festivities recap later this week!

Disclaimer: I live in a tiny garage apartment rental, don't judge my stove, lighting, counters...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks so good!!!
xoxox em
http://emily-sands.blogspot.com/