Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rescue

Yesterday I mentioned that I finished this book


I have read several of Anita Shreve's books and while a few have disappointed I am still an ardent fan.

Rescue is the story of a young  rookie paramedic (Peter) that pulls a young woman (Shelia) out of her mangled car. After this first rescue, a lifelong tangle of love and wreckage begins.

Peter and Shelia fall in love, get married, and have a child. But their romance ends just as quickly as it began leaving Peter to raise their daughter alone for 15 years.

Shelia's sudden return could be a godsend--or it may be exactly the wrong moment for a lifetime of questions and anger and longing to surface anew.

I would recommend grabbing a blanket and snuggling up with it over a weekend.
Heck, I'll even let you borrow mine.

No comments: