Thursday, December 16, 2010

Double D


Care to join me?



Last week Manfriend and I went on a DD to Max's Wine Dive

I had never been but kept hearing all these great things about it.
One day at work, I went online to check out their dinner menu.

Then I immediately called and made a reservation.

One of the first things we put in our bellies was  
Nacho Mama’s Oysters

Crispy fried Gulf Coast oysters and garlic aioli on fried wontons with house-made habañero salsa and fresh cilantro

It probably doesn't come as a surprise that I ordered

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomato Soup
Texas toast with gruyere, provolone and roasted red bell pepper "pimento and cheese" served with a steaming cup of tomato soup

O.M.G.  Sorry Weight Watchers.
(all I can say)

Kevin ordered the 
Southern Fried Chicken
House-made jalapeño and buttermilk-marinated chicken, deep fried slow and low and served with chipotle honey, mashed potatoes, collard greens and Texas toast

and licked the plate

 My date(Manfriend, in case you were confused) and Kev's date ordered
MAX’S Kobe Beef Burger

8 oz. Premier Wagyu beef patty with Belletoile triple-cream brie, house-made pickled jalapeños, local hothouse tomatoes and organic bibb lettuce with MAX’s frites

Apparently it won like 15th best burger in Texas.


Anyways, I highly recommend and will be returning pretty soon to test out the dessert menu

No comments: