Wednesday, October 20, 2010

San Francisco Day 2

Saturday morning we woke pretty early and boarded the ever famous San Fran street car.

Thank goodness because these hills were killer.

And so were the views at the top.


There is a restaurant right at the end of the street car line called
The Buena Vista that is known for Irish Coffee

(Got two thumbs up from this guy)

We sat right at the bar and watched them turn 'em out.

They serve nearly 2,000 per day!


After a full belly (I had the french toast AND eggs & bacon),
we rented some bikes from Blazing Saddles and biked across the bridge


Please notice the outfit...biked over 20 miles in that baby.

Our first stop on the other side of the Bay was Sausalito

which reminded me of being on the coast of Italy.

Six miles up the road (literally up)
we stopped in Old Mill Park to hug a few Red Woods


By this point I was getting pretty tired.


And wouldn't you know,
in between Old Mill and Tiburon we would stumble upon an "option out"


Unfortunately, our trade in value wasn't what we had hoped.

When we settled into Sam's Anchor Cafe, my legs were like jell-o
and my tummy was screamin'

Lucky for me they had a vast amount of fried potatoes and a to-die-for
Seared Ahi Tuna sandwich.

After a few beers (and BAMA's loss to SC), it was time to head to the ferry

About this time, my camera started to die

But I got one more shot of the bridge
(all the white splashes in the back are sails, it was AWESOME)

And then Creepy looking Alcatraz

Then it died for good.

For dinner that night we went to the Marina District and ate at A16
which is known for their wood fire pizzas and, once again, an extensive wine list.

But before we ate there we had a few glasses and apps at a quaint little wine bar
right around the corner called Bin 38.
I would suggest trying out their goat cheese croquettes.

And then I died.

For the night at least.


No comments: