Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mr. Lowe, I Approve

November's Architectural Digest has been super pleasing to my eyes.
Rob Lowe's house, built from scratch, is a gorgeous, airy, clean home.

Modeled after Mt. Vernon in Lowe's native Virginia,
the home sits on 4 exquisite acres near Santa Barbara, CA.

Architect Don Nulty and Interior Designer David Phoenix worked closely
with Lowe and his wife on their 20 room dream home and, might I add,
it turned out quite nicely.

The living room feels clean with neutral fabrics and a Stark sisal rug.
Yet, the fireplace and pops of warm accents keep it from feeling cold.

I am in love with the master.
Window seat, views of the Pacific, cozy over sized club chairs,
neutral fabrics with dark woods
....I die.
The veranda frames one of the many matured Oak trees on the property
while revealing the Pacific and a pretty little reflecting pool in the distance.
I would be OK with a over sized coffee mug and bowl of oatmeal on
a Sunday morning while the Manfriend pretends the read the paper.
But who am I kidding? This has to be my favorite.
I feel relaxed and tranquil just looking at the picture.

Well done Mr. Lowe.

Did I mention that you are just as good looking
and mysteriously sexy as your home?

I would fight Calista Flockhart for you any day.

All images via
Architectural Digest

No comments: